N. America 3D Maps at CES

TomTom Model(s)
720, 330S
I just saw that Tele Atlas was showcasing their 3D maps for North America at CES. Anyone see/here more on this?

http://www.teleatlas.com/WhyTeleAtlas/Pressroom/PressReleases/TA_CT016344

With 3D capabilities, screen images on in-car and portable navigation systems and local search applications on mobile devices more closely match what users actually see in their surroundings. Developers can leverage highly detailed Tele Atlas 3D City Maps, landmarks and elevation models to add recognizable building and landscape representations that enhance end users? navigation experiences.

Do you suppose we will see maps marketed directly to users rather through equipment providers?

I always thought - if Google can use 3D terrain on their apps, why it can't be used in GPSs?

I agree. I'm glad Tele Atlas will be releasing these later this year. I live in the DC area and really want to see how they display some of the monuments around the city. Should be pretty cool!

Ask a Question