In-Warranty returns for repair; UK - HOW?

Let's just ensure that we hang onto that email address.
I am going to write a critical report to this TomTom contact about the difficulties of making contact for in-warranty products.

After much frustration trying to make ccontact with corporate TomTom, i suggested there must be a connection. But the TomTom support person insisted that this could not be, because all software is thoroughly tested before release.

Here is the text of TomTom's repair centre report which i insisted upon: "We have been able to reproduce the defect under our testing environment. Defect found: Software - Files Corrupted We repaired your unit, reprogrammed to factory specifics, installed the latest fully functional software release and reimaged all software contents, including maps".
Yes, it doesn't matter how much the software is tested if it gets corrupted on your device! Still surprised that 'Recovery' did not work.

Glad that you finally got a good resolution to this.

If your still within your first year of warranty, then by law you can take the device back to the place you purchased.

i.e. UK Consumer Rights Act - It’s the duty of the retailer to either send it off for repair, replace or refund.

After the year I would direct the complaint / repair directly to Tomtom.

If your still within your first year of warranty, then by law you can take the device back to the place you purchased.

i.e. UK Consumer Rights Act - It’s the duty of the retailer to either send it off for repair, replace or refund.

After the year I would direct the complaint / repair directly to Tomtom.

If you send it to Tomtom for repair, you must first contact Tomtom customer service for support and attach the purchase invoice.

Leebroath, thank you for your interest in this thread and your advice about in-warranty repairs.

If you would wade through this thread from the beginning, you should begin to understand just how difficult it is to make contact with TomTom's human staff and over which I struggled for some time.
That was necessary because I bought my device directly from TomTom, not another UK retail outlet.

I didn't succeed through any advice from this forum or the TomTom Chatbot, which only sent me round in circles no matter how differently I entered my inquiry.
My salvation came through using the address from a saved email exchange with TomTom in about May 2022.

In his contribution to this conundrum, elton shared that he had needed to resort to this technique too.

In finally getting my device sorted (firmware corruption during update, beyond the capability of the re-install procedure to correct) I complained to TomTom but I don't expect any changes to result.

As I have previously contributed to this forum, I suspect TomTom wants out of hardware sales and will, for now, concentrate on software apps for smartphones. That way they also get out of the cost of SIM card licences too.

Let's see if I am correct in this hypothesis .....

Witam,chcę zwrócić urządzenie tomtom ponieważ nie spełnia moich wymagań nie wiem na jaki adres odesłać to urządzenie.

Witam,chcę zwrócić urządzenie tomtom ponieważ nie spełnia moich wymagań nie wiem na jaki adres odesłać to urządzenie.
Hello, I want to return the tomtom device because it does not meet my requirements, I do not know where to send the device.
This is an English speaking forum.To get help, please translate your question.
Screen 23-09-03 at 07.42.JPG

Last edited:
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform TomTom of your decision by e-mail within 14 days of the delivery date, by going to the page http://www.tomtom.com/support and this, to obtain an authorization number for the return of your order.
You can use the Withdrawal Form available at www.tomtom.com/support.
You must then return the Product as soon as possible, free of all rights, liens and any other claims, to the address mentioned on the postage stamp that you received when you obtained a return authorization number of your order.

Ask a Question