Help! No Maps Found after update

I have a tom tom XL 330 S worked perfectly until I did the update for the maps. I've tried rebooting, restore to original settings to no avail. I don't think i should have to pay for maps that were already installed. Any help would be great! Thanks! (I'm on a Mac)

Use Finder to look at the contents of the specific map folder on the unit. Is there a file ending in an extension of .meta.dct? If so, try resetting the unit.

If the file isn't there, look here for the downloaded map:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps (the path may vary slightly on a Mac). Look at the contents using Stuffit. Is there a .cab file within the compressed map folder with the extension noted above? (meta.dct)? If so, extract it with Stuffit and copy to the map folder on the unit.

My head is going to explode...

I've rest the unit 3x and tried to go back to the initial set-up on the unit and the same thing comes up on the screen No maps found. I went to the Tom-tom website and it said to pull the maps off the unit turn it back on and it should add the maps back on. An error came up indicating it can't load the USA-Canada maps. So i tried dragging those files off the unit and it said there wasn't enough space. I'm at a loss at this point to make this thing work. :(

Use Finder to move the map folder from the unit to the computer. Then use the information in this link to install your new map without using Home.

In place of Explorer, use Finder; in place of WinRar, use Stuffit.

Found all the files and followed your instructions and still no maps found. I don't think I have any recourse than to take the unit back to the store. Thank you for all of your help. Its crazy that updating the maps did all of this. Thank you!

dhn, while this did not help the original poster, it is exactly what I needed to get my newly downloaded maps from my computer onto my Tomtom. Thank you!! after extracting the activation_map.cab on the tomtom itself, it worked perfectly.

Ask a Question