Downloadable new maps available

It's all quite clear now..

Obviously, TT had an inventory of new maps DVDs that they had to move or lose. So, they offer everyone a 'free' upgrade for $6 to get rid of these 'old' maps, so that they can now offer a new upgrade for 109 Euros!

And they have learned their lesson about stocking inventory on DVD.. so instead of getting stuck with unsold inventory, they are now offering the maps via download only.

I feel used. Angry. Disappointed.

One Thing of interest I just found out about the North America 6.75 Map is that its only available for the GO 700/910 - checkout the Downloadable maps section via the Home Software and you see this listed...

"Map of North America (only for GO 700/910)"

Any thoughts as to why? , surly this would work on the TT One also?

One Thing of interest I just found out about the North America 6.75 Map is that its only available for the GO 700/910 - checkout the Downloadable maps section via the Home Software and you see this listed...

"Map of North America (only for GO 700/910)"

Any thoughts as to why? , surly this would work on the TT One also?

Because the 510 came with only a 1 gig chip - the North America maps are bigger then that. For the 510, they loaded US & Canada. I tried installing N. American maps on a 510 with a larger chip, but TT apparently has onter maps lock onu on that device.

The One over here comes with N. America map in the chip, so I am guess in may be a larger chip. TT may have it blocked over there in the One's for marketing reasons.

The One over here comes with N. America map in the chip, so I am guess in may be a larger chip. TT may have it blocked over there in the One's for marketing reasons.

The ONE does not come with the North American maps. The ONE v2 comes with a 1GB card and the new v3 has 1GB internal memory which is not enough space for the NA maps.

The NA maps are intended only for the TT910 because of the storage capacity.

You obviously can use the NA maps though for the other units but need at least a 2GB SD card in order to fit the map.

v6.75

V 6.75 is europes new version of us and canda, you want v6.65-im a certified tomtom techinician trust me

TomTom 510

Because the 510 came with only a 1 gig chip - the North America maps are bigger then that. For the 510, they loaded US & Canada. I tried installing N. American maps on a 510 with a larger chip, but TT apparently has onter maps lock onu on that device.

I have a 510 and use a 2gb card and I have Italy map and Most popular road of Europe then I put the U.S, and Canada map in it too and works great! I'm about to but a 4GB card to use in the 510 .....

The individual's post was not deleted. The offensive portion of it was...just an off color remark that had no place in the forum.

The individual's Profile was EXTREMELY offensive and in utter poor taste. I am not sure what transpired from the time the profile was noticed until the time of the ban.

I believe the ban was due to the Profile and not the off color remark (which was edited by one of the moderators).

@Guttboy

Thanks for the info matey... - Makes the whole thing a little more clear now...

The individual's post was not deleted. The offensive portion of it was...just an off color remark that had no place in the forum.

The individual's Profile was EXTREMELY offensive and in utter poor taste. I am not sure what transpired from the time the profile was noticed until the time of the ban.

I believe the ban was due to the Profile and not the off color remark (which was edited by one of the moderators).

The map that came with my tomtom navigator 6 is: v660.1193. (I only installed the New England / Mid Atlantic Region maps)

When I go to the tomtom site and enter my product code it says 'Yes, the map in your device is one of the latest available. This map supports a navigation experience up to TomTom standards.'

When I try to 'get new maps' it doesn't go beyond 'confirm selection.

Any idea how I can upgrade? How old/new is v660.1193?

Is it worth the money to upgrade to the 6.75 us/canada from the 6.65?

aka is there anywhere I can find a list of updates/changes?

I just bought a GO 910 and I am totally confused about how map upgrades are supposed to work.

I spent quite some time searching the TomTom site and I cannot for the life of me figure out if I have to buy map upgrades, or if they are free via "Download your updates" in TomTom Home...

In TomTom Home, there is a link called "Buy the latest maps" which seems to imply that you do have to buy upgrades. For example it lets me go in there and add "Map of North America" to my cart (for ?87.95, it doesn't display American dollars). Is that what I'm supposed to do to get the latest map of North America? There's no version number in "Buy the latest maps," so if I am supposed to buy upgrades in there, how do I know if it's a more recent version than what's on my TomTom? If it ends up being the same version, then I waste $120, because they make you click on an agreement that the sale is non refundable.

Based on what I've read so far in this thread, it seems the answer is no, they are not free, and no, the TomTom Home software doesn't tell you if the purchasable downloadable maps are more recent than what's installed on your unit. What a joke! :(

Complete BS

Well, like the stupid sucker that I am, I start TomTom Home and try to buy the North America maps. I click through everything, enter my credit card info, then get:

"Your payment was successful.

Map of North America

Click Download all to download and install your new services now. To install these services immediately, make sure your TomTom device is connected to your computer."

So I click the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button, and get:

tomtom_bs.jpg

So there you have it. Their stupid program takes my money, then doesn't give me the product. How do you like that?

Ask a Question