Am I the only one that cannot connect?

I cannot update my device or new US map. I'm in the US, using a Mac. I can't connect to tomtom.com either with a browser. I've rebooted my router and I can reach many other websites. I'm getting this error from HOME:

When I launch TomTom HOME is get an "Application update required" dialog. I select "Update my device"

TomTom Home goes to the net and in about 1 minute shows this error:

ERROR: 2152398862/#https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:46:18 GMT

Does anyone know what's going on with TomTom?

Thanks!

There's an outage right now between Tomtom servers and Verizon customers in the USA. I'm affected too.

It's affecting me as well - I had assumed it had something to do with me switching to FiOS recently. I can access the tomtom website via proxy, but not by standard practice on any machines at my house. Tomtom home also does not work - because it relies upon the same online content.

It appears that Tomtom is blocking all incoming traffic from Verizon FiOS IP addresses. No idea why.

And here I was, hoping to update the maps before a big holiday weekend!

I'm on Comcast and cannot connect - at least I think that's the issue.

When I try to buy the new map via Tom Tom Home it says it can't find my zip code(?).
So I went to the web site (where it showed all my info, including zip code) but this time it says it 'can't calculate tax'. Never seen that error message before...

It actually feels like they're having major connectivity issues between their own hardware...

I'd suggest calling Verizon.

My traceroute shows that connectivity works as far as Verizon's routers in Washington DC, and that the next line (out to Portugal) is the one that is severed.

The Verizon outage was fixed around 2pm eastern for me. Anyone else still having problems?

I've been having problems all day, since I first tried around 9am eastern. I am on an AT&T DSL business line.
I was able to update the Home application from within itself, but cannot connect for map update/mapshare/gps quickfix. My trace route fails after vl1403.sara-r9-alm.com.sara.nl [85.90.64.5].

Ask a Question