Cannot connect to Computer

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One IQ Routed Edition
Hi to all the Tom Tom experts,
I recently purchased Tom Tom one (IQ Routes Edition).
Since it is 3 years old and the maps have not been updated on it, I tried connecting it to the computer but it won’t show up on my pc.
I tried downloading Tom Tom home software. I went to 'My Computer' folder and it does not show as being connected although it charges for some reason when I connect it to the pc. This shows the data cable isn’t faulty. I have checked the data cable on another computer and I know there is nothing wrong with the data cable.
I use Windows 7 professional. I switched to Windows XP mode to try my luck but it still won’t show connected.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The cable made not be faulty in that it can charge provide power to the unit but may not be good enough to send the information as to the connection.

Is it the cable that came with the device?

A usb port on the back, not the front of the computer?

Also, reset your unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless that model has a dedicated reset hole.

Cannot connect..

I have tried using someone’s original Tom Tom cable on a different computer and it still didn’t connect.
Yes I am using the port at the back of the computer and not the front.
I have reset the device many a times. In fact I also tried restoring to factory settings but that also didn’t help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question