Accesories for the New series tomTom's XLS, 520.720.920

If you use Home now to purchase maps for your unit, you will receive map 925, and will get either 3 or 4 updates quarterly after that.

One important thing, since you 'inherited' this unit. Did the previous owner ever register it? This is important because if so, the unit will still be tied to the old email address and password. Before you actually order up any maps, please determine whether or no the previous owner did register that 630 online at any time.

Whew!!! What a good idea,I never looked at it that way,I will surely contact them (Tomtom)about it. As of tonight (11.00 PM here) I haven't received their answer . But when I do I will get back with a question for sure.
That uncle was a loner,nobody new too much what he was doing. To my knowledge he had it in 2009 or 2010 when I last saw him use it.
Thanks for the hint I will let you know.
Pierre

Here's hoping it wasn't previously registered. Any chance you could get in touch, or does the word "was" imply that's not going to be possible?

If I'm lucky maybe is neighbor...he was the one helping him out with computers matter and most likely tought him to use this GPS.
I'll get on this today,before any clue dissapears.Maybe he knows about the owners manual,the printed version
I'll let you know.
Pierre

Given the weather in Joliette at the moment, I'll bet you wish YOU were on that cruise ship. Let us know what you can find out when the neighbor returns.

Hello Canderson
Back with some good and bad news.
The good one ...the neibourg said "he never did or want to register it" and with that in hand I tried to buy the map update 9.25.
Believe it or not, there was absolutely no problem to register it to my name.
Now here is (the bad one) the banana peel.... I wanted to pay with my Visa....I had to go trough the "Verify by Visa" process which went good ,but when I tried to pay and fill out my home address it all halted with the non recognition of my POSTAL CODE....Well have you ever tried to call at Tomtom order desk or even just tried to find a phone number to do it.
I did it by calling road assistance and a kind lady provided me wih a phone number which took me to Mexico where a gentleman named ESTEBAN walked me trough a correction trail that did everything go smoothly and effenciently. About 2 hours worth of searching.
YEAH! I now have for $71.96 CND plus taxes and a total of $82.79 CND the map 9.25 plus the February update and 4 more updates .
I have also downloaded TYRE BASIC and have succeeded after much fumbling to write a simple 3 point itinary and did press the "transfer to Tomtom" icon on the Tyre page.
So I now have the Tyre badge on my device, I press it but nothing happens to let me know the transfer as occured.
What else must I do ? Would you know of a french tutorial video?
Thanks
Pierre

You can see any itineraries that have been transferred to your device by looking at the itinerary page on your 630. If I recall correctly, the sequence is as follows:

Press main screen
Right arrow 2 times until you see "Itinerary planning" -- press it
Then I believe it is "Options" and "Load itinerary" to pull up any you have saved using Tyre.

Ask a Question