bought a tomtom 1535TM via series with voice / How to wake up?

TomTom Model(s)
Live 1535
My recent purchase of tomtom 1535 via series has as it is in the menu settings voice activation .. BUT 'hello Tomtom' will not wake it up .. therefore no Voice .. I have (soft ) pin set and also set by default factory settings ( hard pin set) still no 'wake up' ( I'm listening) .. Seems like it needs a new firmware update from its current sept 2013 / 2092 .

would tomtom tech over the phone be able to diagnose this and direct a newer firmware back to me ... ??

Thanks

I believe the correct phrase for your unit may be "Hey TomTom" instead of "Hello TomTom".

Your 2092 code is current, I believe. There haven't been new releases for the Nav3 units for quite a long time. Have you connected with MyDrive yet to see if any version is being offered to update it?

And for what it's worth, we aren't TomTom here. We're just an independent group of TomTom junkies.

Last edited:
Well no actually isn't it Hey TomTom for the current wake phrase of the NAV 4 units Hello is the for the former models ..

and when hooked up for current all I get are just map share updates .
and if I am in the wrong forum can you direct me .. thanks

Last edited:
It is 'Hey TomTom' for Nav 3 devices such as the Go Live 1535......
well l tried both .. no success .. now on my tt500 or tt600 I can go to the microphone itself and press and speak commands .. the 1535 does not have an open mic source

Well no actually isn't it Hey TomTom for the current wake phrase of the NAV 4 units Hello is the for the former models ..
I think you'll find that the Via 1535 is a Nav3 model, Todd. They never received the "Hello" treatment.

the 1535 does not have an open mic source
I'm unclear about what you mean by that. All Via 1535 units have microphones and voice control. NOT all of them have the Wake Up Word capability, however. But UNLESS the unit is an older Via 1535 that does not support that feature (there were both Via and GO 1535 units made prior to May of 2013 that do NOT support it), the OP's unit should respond to "Hey TomTom".

I have a Via 1535 here. Settings-->Voice control, one icon is enable/disable 'Hey TomTom'

Terry,
at Settings > Voice Control the 2nd option is "Disable Hey TomTom" (with a red cross), regardless weather you look at your Miramar, as listed in your Profile, or on the Lanzhou, which you said in your first post, you just purchased.(???)
If you tap that, the option will turn to "Enable Hey TomTom" (with a green check mark).
In your setting, do you see a cred cross or a green check mark?

Ask a Question