4 GB SD cards for TTR 2nd

Hello Buddies,
Some people successfully upgrade the memory of their TTR 2 from 2 GB to 4 GB either with a high speed SD card (Trancend 150x) or even with a 4 SDHC card. In my case none of them work, i.e. downloading and recognition is no problem but while starting up it either freezes (SD card) or switches of after a few seconds (SDHC card).
I just can not believe that it is a matter of luck wether it works or not.
Knowing that Tomtom applies Linux for its system their must be a reliable manner to operate with a 4 GB SD card in a TTR 2. Who knows how?
Tanks in advance.
Nobeco

Trancend and TopRam both manufacture 4GB SD cards these are true SD cards and not of the more common SDHC type which you often find once you get to 4GB, your device needs the 4GB SD card in order to function correctly with the card - Mike

mikealder is absolutely correct when advising that the Rider 2 needs a true SD card. SD and SDHC are not interchangeable in the Rider 2nd Edition ... they have a different file system that the Rider is incapable of using. The best explanation that I have read can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/33a6a4
The highest capacity "true" SD card manufactured was 2GB (although there were 4GB cards that were sold on eBay on occaisions, but I suspect that they were SDHC format)

I can't offer an explanation as to why some people have had success in using the SDHC cards, I only know that I can't with my Rider 2.

PC

Last edited:

Ask a Question