Which Generation TomTom Do I Own?

Which Generation TomTom Do I Own?

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740, GO 1535, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, GO Discover, TomTom Bridge
canderson submitted a new resource:

Which Generation TomTom Do I Own? - How to finding and interpret the serial number

Over the years since TomTom introduced their first hardware navigation solution in 2005, these devices have undergone several major ‘platform’ changes. To each of these generations, TomTom has assigned an internal name. Nav1 was their earliest PDA software.

The earliest hardware devices we call Nav2, built between 2005 and 2010. Management of these devices was performed using TomTom’s PC and Apple app called TomTom HOME.

This was followed by the Nav3 devices, built between 2011 and 2013...

Read more about this resource...

I have a TT GO Classic 5" with s/n: starting with "G4".
Can anybody tell me which NAV-version/generation it is?

Tnx, how's that determined and is it the latest one?
There is a variant Nav4 that came out later. TomTom confuses the heck out of things talking about Nav4 and Nav4+WiFi because the later Nav4 devices had WiFi as well. But there is a generation beyond that. It includes models such as the Navigator, Superior, Exclusive, Expert Plus and Camper Max.

I've seen it, but couldn't locate my G4-model, hence the question.
Ah -- See what you mean now! For Nav4, we need to add prefix G3, G4 and G5 for the various Classic versions.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I also note that we need to add B7 to the Nav4-WiFi section.

Ask a Question