what is this icon?

TomTom Model(s)
go 740
an icon appears next to the compass arrow in the status preferences area of the screen of go 740. it looks like a wireless or gps signal strenght icon with a slash across from top left to bottom right. what is this?
I'm not gps connected. does this icon indicate no gps connection?
where is a list of all screen icons located? It is not in the on-line instruction book.

Sounds more like a 740 Live with no GPRS signal, but are you saying you can't get a GPS signal?

Status & information
Version information
Network

What do you see there?

Status & information
GPS Status

What do you see there?

thanks for the fast reply.
I think it surely is an icon for no gps satellite connection.
this happens occasionally with my ATT microcell as well.
confirmed no connections noted in status & information screens.
I do have the 740 Live, just updated it tonight to app 9.400.851694.1.
I'm inside under tall trees on the north coast of California. I'll take a walk around outside and likely the icon issue will be resolved with a gps connection.
Thanks again. jl

mystery is solved.
I was wrong about the icon relating to gps satellite connection.
The icon only appeared to advise me that my LIVE service account had expired and that I was not connected to the LIVE service system.
After awhile it timed out and went off the screen. I expect that this same icon might reappear whenever the 740 is turned on after being off for a lengthy period of time.
This has been a fun first visit to this forum. I've had the 740 for about 2 years and it's always worked great for me.
Cheers, jl

As noted below, I also have a 740 Live, and if they sold a 940 Live here, I'd have had that. Still one of my all time favorites.

right. Had a 920 for years, big and heavy, worked great. got the 740 for easier packing in my carry-on bag for use on trips. my son needed to replace his gps at the time and was delighted when I gave him my old one. Still seems to be working well for him too.
cheers...

Ask a Question