Speed Trap Locations

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Known speed trap locations for the Lower Mainland + one in Edmonton and one in Revelstoke and one in Victoria (namely the road to the ferry)

Attachments

• Speed_traps.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 551
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to intergrate a radar/laser detector into the GPS?
seriously, what's with missing posts? I thought I posted one right after you battom stating that in some states/provinces it's illegal.

Did it get deleted or did it just not go through?

Yes it has happen to me also

Back to topic: Im sorry I haven't been doing much on this POI.
I thank Nextourer for stepping up and starting the POI.

thanks but it's only for my area lol. And it's sporadic not like Red Light Cameras which are fixed.

I agree.
This is why I spent most of my time on Red Light Cameras, because they are more useful.

True. I guess I could start a red light camera POI for my area.

Man, one stretch of road is gonna be annoying. It has 4 speed trap warnings and a red light camera lol. If I had both on, it'll be beeping every few kms!

Maybe you should set tomtom to avoid that rd.!
lol. I rarely use it anyway even though it's a main thoroughfare. The average speed is 70km/h even though it's a 50km/h zone (hence you can see why the police love to set up speed traps there).

I only use it if I need to get somewhere fast otherwise, the other two parallel main roads are less stressful.

Suggestion to POI developers/creators/posters. It would be helpful if people posting them would time stamp or version stamp them. That way we would have a reference point as to how old or new the POI is we are installing.

i.e. Tim Hortons POI, there are several version out, but which one is the latest with all the current updates. More importantly, wrt speed traps, knowing how old our POI is would help in keeping them updated and current.

On a side note, Red Light Cameras in BC, are they enforced or not? Theres one right at the corner of our condo building but I assumed it was deactivated.

Also, speed cameras...do we have those in BC? or is that the same as a speed trap?

Last edited:
I have version stamps on the US POIs. The post date is the way you can determine when it was initiated.
If there is a revision, the OP will be edited to include the update and the thread title should be edited to note the revision #.

I have version stamps on the US POIs. The post date is the way you can determine when it was initiated.
If there is a revision, the OP will be edited to include the update and the thread title should be edited to note the revision #.

Problem is there is no way of knowing if the link or attached file was created by the poster and is current. My suggestion is to name the file in a manner that refers to it's creation date or version number.

For example:

speed_trap_canada.zip vs. speed_trap_CAD_apr4_07.zip or speedtrap_CAD_20070402.zip or speedtrap_CAD_v1.2.zip

Just a suggestion...:D

Suggestion to POI developers/creators/posters. It would be helpful if people posting them would time stamp or version stamp them. That way we would have a reference point as to how old or new the POI is we are installing.

i.e. Tim Hortons POI, there are several version out, but which one is the latest with all the current updates. More importantly, wrt speed traps, knowing how old our POI is would help in keeping them updated and current.

On a side note, Red Light Cameras in BC, are they enforced or not? Theres one right at the corner of our condo building but I assumed it was deactivated.

Also, speed cameras...do we have those in BC? or is that the same as a speed trap?
No idea. I know the flash still works cause I do see them go off. Whether they have film inside or not, I'm not willing to find out haha.

We don't have speed cameras in BC, just good ol' fashioned speed traps (i.e. policeman with radar gun)

Speed traps updated to include speed cameras in Edmonton and one or two in Calgary (no red light cameras)

Attachments

• Speed_traps.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 363

Ask a Question