RaceTrack (Horse)

Can you please make a POI with all the major horse race tracks in the US....ie, belmont, churchill downs, aquaduct...etc etc....thanks a lot

Race Track (horse9 Poi

Yes I Did A While Ago It Was On The Forum made on 02-02-2007 04:06 PM page 4 in the POI request section

Here It Is......

giorgio

Attachments

• Horse tracks.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Do you use POIEdit? I'm trying to make some POI's but I only see a place for coordinates not address...am i missing something?

Do you use POIEdit? I'm trying to make some POI's but I only see a place for coordinates not address...am i missing something?

You can try Google Earth. Install the program and search for the addresses of the POI's you are interested. Then you should be able to mark that location and save it.

You then export the file as a *.kml and open it in POIEdit, save it as *.ov2 and can now transfer that file to your TomTom.

This is just one suggestion. Have you used POI2GO?

I haven't really used it...i've been playing around with it, and i was actually using google earth finding the place and then pluggin in the coordinates in POI2go...but the coordinates in google earth are like ie) 54 34' 33.55"N, 54 34' 33.55"W, and in POI2GO its 54 34' 33"N, 54 34' 33"W....and because of the last part when i map it on POI2GO its off by a few miles...

That is what I use.

Here are the steps I use:

1. I create a folder for the POI I'm creating called 'Taco Bell' under My Places
2. Copy and paste the address in the search box and hit search
3. GE zooms in the address.
4. I click the place mark (thumbnail) and paste the address as the name (the address becomes the description)
5. Adding the placemark adds it under my directory called Taco Bell
6. Repeat 1 through 5 for all addresses for the POI
7. Right click the folder Taco Bell and save the file as *.kml
8. Open POIEdit2007 and save it as *.ov2

DONE

These are the steps I use. This is just one way creating POI's.

Ask a Question