Handsfree, Bluetooth, Jawbone

TomTom Model(s)
920T
My 920T connects with my Blackberry 8830 just fine for in/out calls handsfree through the TomTom, but the voice quality from my end is weak. I've tried to connect the 920T through my Jawbone but no success. 920T finds it and tries to connect, but when the password is input (0000) it fails to connect with that password. I've checked my Jawbone lit and the password is correct. I've also unpaired with the phone before trying to pair with the TomTom. It works fine with my Blackberry. Any suggestions as to how to get it to work or is there a different headset that is more compatible?

Could it be something with the noise reduction in the jawbone? I've got a Jabra BT500 that pairs quite nicely with my Rider2.

Let me get this straight...it's possible for your TOMTOM to connect to your phone AND your bluetooth headset? So I could still make and receive calls through my earpiece AND be connected to the TOMTOM in case I wanted to call a POI? Cool , What do I do first?

My Rider will connect to the phone independent of the BT headset. Not sure on the 920.

I can be traveling down the highway at 80 mph have a call come in, to my cell, have the cell and headset synced to the rider and get a call while still moving. I've not tested it (winter is just ending) and am not sure whether, for safety reasons, I will...

My Rider will connect to the phone independent of the BT headset. Not sure on the 920.

I can be traveling down the highway at 80 mph have a call come in, to my cell, have the cell and headset synced to the rider and get a call while still moving. I've not tested it (winter is just ending) and am not sure whether, for safety reasons, I will...
I'd at least slow down to 40 to take the call! :D

Let me get this straight...it's possible for your TOMTOM to connect to your phone AND your bluetooth headset? So I could still make and receive calls through my earpiece AND be connected to the TOMTOM in case I wanted to call a POI? Cool , What do I do first?

No, most headsets are either/or, but you can connect your phone to your TomTom and your headset. The TomTom still gets notified that you're on the phone and does whatever it's set up to do while you're on the phone (e.g. mute the directions). Your headset then operates just like it normally would with your phone.

Ask a Question