Branded Icons

I spoke with a pretty knowledgeable TomTom tech support person yesterday about the branded icons not showing up on the 720 unit. They were appearing when connected to TomTom Home but the generic icons for gas stations, hotels etc were showing on the unit while driving. The rep had me on hold while looking into the issue then told me to check for application updates for a fix in the future. To my suprise the application update was available this morning and the branded icons now appear when available!! Keep in mind that branded icons are not available for ALL brands/chains. I was impressed by their immediate attention to this issue and it's a good sign for future bug resolutions.

Last edited:
Yes. This is a firmware update available via TT Home. There is also an update to TT Home included and a few map updates.

Does this update automatically load these icons, or do they have to be moved out of the brand folder. I did the update, but these icons aren't showing yet. Reset maybe? Reset did nothing fyi

Last edited:
Branded icons appearance

In my case, I just selected the category "Gas Stations" under Enable/Disable POI and they appear on the map. I did notice however that several icons that should appear, for instance "Wendy's hamburgers", does not appear even though I have the "Restaurants" POI enabled. Seems to be a "half" fix.

In my case, I just selected the category "Gas Stations" under Enable/Disable POI and they appear on the map. I did notice however that several icons that should appear, for instance "Wendy's hamburgers", does not appear even though I have the "Restaurants" POI enabled. Seems to be a "half" fix.

Yes, I have read occurrences in other boards and that seems to be the case. I'm sure TT will come out with another update to fix this feature.

Ask a Question