XL 310 Canada

Welcome to TTF.

Before doing anything else, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Anyway, there is no model known as an XL 310 Canada.

Yours may be a 325, 330 or 340 model. Some have a full menu and you'd see the Change Time as you move through the Preferences screens.

If yours has the (reduced) EasyMenu, then look for the options button and go from there.

But it IS there somewhere.

As a XL 310 Canada model owner, it does exist.
To change the time:
Touch the map portion of the screen.
From the main menu, select "Change Preferences" icon - should be on the first screen.
If your TomTom has the reduced menu turned on you will notice in the upper left hand corner it says "Preferences 1 of 3" or "Preferences 1 of 6" if your TomTom has the full menu turned on.
Either way, touch right pointing arrow to advance to the next pages. The "Set Clock" icon is on page 3 of the reduced menu and page 6 of the full menu. Follow the steps to set your clock.

If you have not yet connected your TomTom to your computer I would suggest doing this as well. There are firmware updates available. Running XP home version my computer automatically detected and installed the software on my computer and did the firmware updates. This will also allow you to get map updates - you may have to pay.

Good Luck!!!

Welcome to TTF.

No, there is NO model called a XL 310 Canada.

When you start your unit, what does it refer your model as?

Also, if you use Notepad to look at the contents of ttgo.bif file in the root of the unit, you'll see what the model is there.

You do see on many models a sticker on the bottom saying 310 Canada. (even for some models not sold here) That is NOT the model name.

As a XL 310 Canada model owner, it does exist.

As dhn says, I can assure you there is no model called "Canada 310" (although you could be forgiven for thinking there is if you try Googling it!)

If you DO try Googling it, you'll find there also seem to be Navigon, Mio and Garmin models all called the Canada 310 too, as well as Logitech mice and many other items.

This might give you the clue as to what it's all about!

In fact, "Canada 310" is just a certification code for Licence-exempt Radio Apparatus in Canada (a bit like the FCC)

To indicate compliance of Category II radio apparatus with RSS-310.... {the equipment} bears a permanent label with ...
the manufacturer’s name or brand name;
the model number, (preceded by the word “Model:”);
and, the words “Canada 310.”

All you ever wanted to know and more:
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/vwapj/rss310-i3.pdf/$FILE/rss310-i3.pdf

Last edited:

Ask a Question