what to buy

TomTom Model(s)
AVN2210P
I had a go510 and upgraded to a go910, then I got rid of that inplace of a AVN2210P...now I bought a new car and left the AVN.. in the car. Just bought a FJ Cruiser. I'm at a loss and don't know what to do...i drive A LOT and really like the tt's plus in my state hands free is a must (I have an ear piece but...,) without it a serious ticket...I spend a lot of time on the phone in the car. Do I go for the ONE for the price, the ONE XL for the veiwing plus price (placement of a PND [GPS] in an FJ is limited at best, unless i'm gonna do a little custom work) or do I just go for the go720, or go920 (and if the go920 why) I really like bells and whistles but I want your input to find out what it is worth it, as you people have been using them for a while. As for connecting my phone to the tt I have a AT&T Treo750 so most of the bluetooth compatibility is shot...(I have XM in the truck and they do a constant traffic report on one of the stations) I know I can make phone work on most of the functions but not data.

thanx for your input....
Cliff

Compared to the 720, the 920 has pre-loaded maps of Europe and Guam in addition to North America. It also has 4GB internal memory (for the extra maps) vs 2GB on the 720. And the 920 has an internal sensor to do dead reckoning when you're driving in a tunnel.

Then there's the 920T which includes all of the above plus the RDS/TMC traffic receiver and a 1 year subscription. It also includes a bluetooth remote. That's the top of the current TomTom line.

My verizon phone won't work with my 920T so I can't comment on that, but the traffic receiver works very well in my area. Your mileage may vary....

I've had a 720 and now a 920 and really like both units. The remote is a nice-to-have but not a need-to-have feature for me. The 920 seems to have more POI data, but I can't really be 100% sure of that. I also have the RDS receiver and have used it on both units. It works well. I also have Verizon and can't get PLUS services to work.

Ask a Question