Virginia/ Maryland nervous breakdown

My Tomtom just suffered a severe nervous breakdown and I have no idea why. Suddenly, while on route to my hotel in Maryland, I got a message from a phone number I did not recognize. The message read, 'phone not connected'. True. I don't use bluetooth. So, thinking it was my hotel, I called the number on my cell phone. A male voice answered and I said I was returning his call. He then told me that I had reached the county weapons training center. I told him that his number was on my navigator but that I had absolutely no reason to be calling him...I thought it might be the hotel. Then, the screen changed from day colors to grey and started directing me in a very odd direction. It announced I was at my destination...the weapons training center. No matter how hard I tried to re direct my Tomtom to the hotel, she kept directing me to police station. Then I got all kinds of charts and coordinates on my screen. I turned it off, took out the card, reset it, and reinserted the card. To no avail. She seems to be permanently disabled. I had to turn it off and use a MAP....difficult at night. Even today, the display had nothing to do with the destination. Is there a cure? I updated her a month ago.
Danada

You don't say what model you have. Is it a 630 or 730 model?

Anyway, try cleaning under the bezel with a shepr edge of a business card. Go slowly around the entire perimeter and see if that helps.

Ask a Question