VIA 1535TM

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920, VIA 1535TM
I bought my TT VIA 1535 TM last December with Lifetime Traffic & Maps, which is supposed to offer quarterly new maps. As far as I noticed, I received only one update in March. Shouldn't I have received another update around June? One other thing is I have received promotional prices for TomTom map updates a couple times already, which puzzles me a bit, since my machine is entitled to the free service. What's going on?
Thanks for help.

You have to register for the lifetime maps. The latest is 910 and 915 is due within a week or so.

The best way is for CS to activate:
United States
866 486 6866
Monday-Friday:
8:00am to 8:00pm EST
Saturday:
9:00am to 6:00pm EST

Portugal
De Segunda à Sexta:
Das 10.00 às 18.00

Hi dhn,
Thank you for your immediate reply to my query. I have maps for North America and for Iberia (Portugal and Spain). I understand that the free quarterly updates apply only to my North America maps and these have been updated, as I said, in March. I do a weekly routine update for the satellite and the user changes and I am a TomTom registered customer. Do I still have to register SPECIFICALLY for the map updates and/or for the renewal of the traffic feature?
I am currently in Portugal and will be back to the US in a couple of months. And if I need to re-register, is there a way to do it via email, either to the TomTom-US or TomTom-Portugal? Alternatively, can I call Portugal and have this registration for the NA map updates?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

With the 'T' model which presumes you have the combo rds antenna/car charger, there is no need to reregister the traffic. It is lifetime.

If you did register for lifetime maps when you got the device, then whenever a new one is available (915 is due within a week or so), you should see as available when you go to Manage Content in MyTomTom. If you didn't register the activation for the lifetime maps when you got the device, it definitely needs to be done. I presume that CS anywhere should have access to your account information and can activate, if necessary.

Yes you specifically have to register for the lifetime maps.
Sounds like you may have got the single "Latest map guarantee" when you got the update in March (although that sounds very late). Customer Services should be able to get you up and running with the lifetime map.

Thanks, guys, for your good help. The "latest map guarantee"... Yes, I thought of that too as one possibility. I'll wait for the upcoming update, due in about a week and if I don't receive it in MyTomTom account then I'll call them. But isn't there a way I can verify on the TomTom site whether or not I did register for the lifetime maps? And if so, how do I get to it?

EDITED to inform that I just found this announcement in MyTomTom:

Announcements

This means, I guess, that I must be registered for receiving the map updates as they become available. And it also means I did NOT automatically get this 910 update which, as I understand it, must have been the second update for 2013, am I correct? As for the March update (or it may have been late February) I received it automatically through MyTomTom account as any other regular update and, again, it may have been the "last map guarantee" you mentioned before. Is there a different procedure for the "quarterly map updates", such as through this announcement posted above that requires specific steps for the user to get them? It seems a little odd to me, but one never knows...
Just one last question: Since version 915 may be just around the corner, is it fine for me to wait for a few more days and then download this latest version or is it necessary to update ALL the versions sequentially?
Thanks once again for all your help and your kind patience.

Last edited:
:oops:

OK guys, sorry for all the bother...
I just got the answer for my dumb question. "Settings... Me and my device... About my device..."
And yes, my NA map version is v910.4961, dated 4/2013...

As a final gesture of my appreciation, I'll say a prayer for a special place for you in heaven -- when and ONLY WHEN, of course, your time becomes due, which I hope and wish it be still very far away... :)

Thank you very much!

You have to register for the lifetime maps. The latest is 910 and 915 is due within a week or so.

The best way is for CS to activate:
United States
866 486 6866
Monday-Friday:
8:00am to 8:00pm EST
Saturday:
9:00am to 6:00pm EST

Portugal
De Segunda à Sexta:
Das 10.00 às 18.00

I called CS today and got LifeTime Maps added to my account on my VIA 1535TM. The CS agent said I should of had a card with a access code for LifeTime Maps. I never got this card in my factory sealed box. CS updated without this code. Thanks for your info. :)

As a comment to what 012620 said, I say it is relatively easy to discard the small sheet (not a card!...) that contains the registration code for Lifetime Maps. The sheet clearly states, however: IMPORTANT - DO NOT DISCARD!
Please be sure they registered you for future map updates and that this was not just a one-time gesture of goodwill towards you, the customer...
Good luck.

Ask a Question