VIA 1505TM - Get route from Google Maps/Mapquest

I was wondering if it is possible to create a route on Google Maps or Mapquest and transfer that route to my TomTom VIA 1505TM? Can the TomTom handle KML files or can I use something like ITN Converter to convert it into something the TomTom will accept? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the models that rely upon MyTomTom (all 1X, 2X, via and Start 25 models) can't get Itineraries passed to them using Google maps or by any other means.

In fact, none of those models can implement Itinerary Planning at all as of now.

Wow, that's a great spreadsheet! Thanks!

Another question... is there a difference between itinerary planning and multiple destination route? As a work around, could I create multiple destinations and string them together into one route on the TomTom itself?

Thanks again for all the help!

You can string multiple Itineries in that the destination for one is the starting point for the next

TT have promised Itinerary support on the new models "soon".

Looking forward for when they do... Try "Tyre", which creates itineraries rather well from Google maps or Google Earth. It can write to both TomTom and Garmin formats.

You can download it from HERE and it's FREE (but well worth a donation!)

No way of knowing at this point.

We'll have to see just how Itinerary Planning is implemented in that model.

Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciate it! I've returned the VIA and purchased the 2535TM which should be here today! After more review the 2535 is well worth the extra money! Depending on how long it takes TT to roll out the IP update, I might have to take advantage of Amazon's gracious return policy for Prime subscribers and return every 30 days to make sure I'm not stuck with a unit that doesn't do what I want.

No way of knowing at this point.

We'll have to see just how Itinerary Planning is implemented in that model.

They've promised to implement "itinerary planning", so I can't believe they would implement it differently to all the other TomToms

But I suppose this *is* TomTom we're talking about.... :rolleyes:

I was wondering if it is possible to create a route on Google Maps or Mapquest and transfer that route to my TomTom VIA 1505TM? Can the TomTom handle KML files or can I use something like ITN Converter to convert it into something the TomTom will accept? Thanks!

This great program will let you do it quick and easy,

tyre.tk

TT have promised Itinerary support on the new models "soon".

Looking forward for when they do... Try "Tyre", which creates itineraries rather well from Google maps or Google Earth. It can write to both TomTom and Garmin formats.

You can download it from HERE and it's FREE (but well worth a donation!)

Replied before I seen this. However, Tyre is worth the extra publicity.

Ask a Question