tomtomxl325s

i'm trying to get my xl325s to work again after doing a update. after the update all i got is a flashing red X, attemps to update again gave error not enough memory."1gb interinal chip" went into the tom tom site read what they say to do,no luck. tryed updating with home 2 on a a windows 7 ulit.machine, no luck, formated the tom tom and tryed again. after hanging up and stopping with error codes 4 times,
i again reformated and tryed on my win 7 useing the xp mode and home 2. after downlaoding and installing 3 more times i'm still having the same problem, a flashing X.
now i'm simply trying to find the correct operating version of the application to down load and install, then plan to try to install the downloaded maps from inside windows xp mode.
where can i find the needed software to make this work or will i have to mail it to tom tom if it costs less then buying a new one. i would just like to get working again for few months till i can get a newer model w a sd chip slot.

Last edited:
Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Then use Explorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents..

Download this application and use WinRar to install on the unit, overwriting if prompted.

Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer.

See if this helps.........

My xl325SE has the same problem: The Red X

I have the same problem after loading an update. Here's what I have done:

1) used procedure specified by TomTom support: Saved map and Zip Code (didn't have a zip file) files, formatted the drive using FAT32, removed applications and devices from computer backup (there were none), performed an update and install, then copied maps back from computer. No joy. The only thing the update did was to install tthome.bif.
2) reformatted the drive, then re-installed all the Tomtom files I had previously saved via Windows Explorer. No Joy.
3) did what dhn said in this post. No joy.

Perhaps someone has another idea how to get this turkey working again? Is another vendor's GPS unit the cure--I hope not...

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Moore's Second Law: "A digital device's reliability is proportional to the inverse square of the number of changes to the device."

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aphid2020

Latest Threads

Back