tomtom troubles

I recently purchased an 08 toyota 4 runner (urban edition) which includes a tomtom. it is only 3 months old and now the tomtom will not turn on. it only shows a time capsule and says to please wait...i ve tried to reset it as well as had my local toyota dealership try and don't seem to have an answer...any help on getting this thing to reset would be beneficial...

thanks,

touchdown jesus

Is it built-in ? If so, don't think you will find much herI. if stand-alone, what model ?

You might get info on the unit and call TomTom support and see if they can help.

Yes it is built in, its ashame that it is already inop. i was really disappointed in toyota's response, as they told me they were waiting on some technical info from tomtom, but i think they are just being lazy. i will call TT and see what they can do for me

yeah, i'd go to toyota to get it fixed. sounds like problem with the car set-up, and i'm not sure how much tomtom can help.

Yes it is built in, its ashame that it is already inop. i was really disappointed in toyota's response, as they told me they were waiting on some technical info from tomtom, but i think they are just being lazy. i will call TT and see what they can do for me

I was looking at the toyota website, and it shows that your TT is removeable (at least the 2009 model). Find the button that releases it and check the model it is. Once you have that information, you will be much better off in getting an answer here. It looks as though it is a smeller, square unit, possibly the "one". In either case, once it is out, hit the reset button on the bottom. that will probably help in your case. Also, once the unit is out, go to the tomtom site and register. Then hook your TT to the computer and download any firmware updates. Also, look under support and find the on-line manual for your unit. Good luck.

Where are you at, maybe some TTF member lives close to you, you buy the beer, and they will show you how to use it. Win-win.

Ask a Question