Tomtom problems - solutions

I have had a Tomtom GO720 since brand new. My experience with Tomtom Support is that there simply isn't any and the genuine accessories like the window mount and plug in car charger are very poor quality. All these things can be avoided by getting replacement bits and accessories of non-genuine suppliers, I have done the following so far over the couple years:
1. Internal battery would not charge any more. Tom tom state it can't be
replaced and it coud only be sent to them for repair....rubbish...cost me $20
to buy a new one,replaced it myself in 15 mminutes. The original TomTom
battery was a piece of Chinese rubbish in fact!!
2. Internal speaker has this week stopped working, found plenty of genuine
speakers on ebay. Is easy to replace yourself
3. Window suction mount. The Tomtom genuine item is rubbish that falls off the window and
damage your GPS. Found a far superior item, with suction lock and with longer neck on
ebay for $20
4. Car charger stopped working,connector pins were loose. Found a far superior car
charger also on ebay, the connector to the tomtom far more sturdy and a
longer coiled cord.

In summary, Tomtom are only good for the initial sale, then after that they don't give a stuff. It will catch up with them in the end,as when my tomtom finally dies, I won't buy another tomtom, it will be a Garmin who have very good post sale service. I'm sure word gets round as I've read quite a few posts over various forums saying the same thing

Adrian (Australia)

Ask a Question