TomTom One New Edition Failed Upgrade

Last night I picked up a new 1NE, brought it home, hooked it to the computer, installed the latest HOME from the TomTom website, and it said there were new updates available for download. I performed a backup, and then went on to installing the update.

It got to about 90%, and then said it couldnt find the device anymore. The 1 then displayed an animated motion of the card being taken out of the slot, and a big red X across it. It just keeps doing that. Wont recognize it.

I have a backup, but when I try to restore, it just sits there.

Any help?

I would contact TT Support. They may want you to try to clear the flash and reload your backup. If this doesn't work you may want to return the unit and try a different one. I would check with support first.

So I took the card out of the 1NE and put it into a card reader I had laying around. Windows saw it, and so did HOME, I then reinstalled the new version of the application to it via the card reader, and the plugged it back into the 1NE. It read it successfully and upgraded the firmware.

Im in good shape now.

Ask a Question