TomTom One 3rd Ecition - speaking street names

Hi All,

I am in Canada. Two days ago I bought TomTom One 3rd Edition hoping it can speak street names.

Is that true?

I cannot find the menu to enable it. The instruction here http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=4&query=8494&FID=8494 is for One XL-S and does not apply to 3rd Edition.
Also, is it possible to change to the metric system in pronouncing - "After one mile turn left" - I want it to say "After one kilometer turn left"

Is that possible as well?

Please, let me know.
Thanks a lot

I am in Canada. Two days ago I bought TomTom One 3rd Edition hoping it can speak street names.

Is that true?
Nope. 3rd edition doesn't speak street names.

for metric, change the units setting on the tomtom itself, and then switch to a UK voice. It will display metric and speak in metric units.

for metric, change the units setting on the tomtom itself, and then switch to a UK voice. It will display metric and speak in metric units.

Mandy is the only default voice that uses doesn't have metric, the rest will speak metric if you select it in the 'Set Units' menu.
Selecting a UK voice sounds a little strange, when they say motorway instead of highway.

Mandy is the only default voice that uses doesn't have metric, the rest will speak metric if you select it in the 'Set Units' menu.
Selecting a UK voice sounds a little strange, when they say motorway instead of highway.

Ahh, good to know. I was using Mandy and when it didn't switch to verbal metric, I assumed all the US voices were similar.
Regardless, I like the Brit voices....closer to what I'm used to. :)

Ask a Question