tomtom not working since update.

Hi Guys,

Newbie here so go easy !

I updated my tomtom XL 340 today and since the update , i can't get past a screen which states that i cannot use this map Australia-182 ,

I have no idea what went wrong and have no idea how to fix it, i never backed up the tomtom before to my knowlege, but i have updated it many times before and not had this issue.

any ideas ??

Can you try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Try running the Clear Flash tool (3 times). It is found here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear flash

If that doesn't help,
  1. Make an Explorer, not Home backup
  2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents
  3. Connect to Home and install the application that will be offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Try running the Clear Flash tool (3 times). It is found here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear flash

If that doesn't help,
  1. Make an Explorer, not Home backup
  2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents
  3. Connect to Home and install the application that will be offered. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Hi again DHN , i have cleared the flash and also deleted everything from the root of the device and connected it to home and downloaded what was offered and now its telling me that there are no maps found ??

i still have the original backup which i can restore to but that will leave me with the same issue,

thank you for your help so far, i really do appreciate it.

Did you get the unit and map from TomTom or another source?

Yes, try reloading the backup you made. I don't know what else to suggest if it was a legitimate map in the first place.

Have you called CS at: 1300 135 604

Did you get the unit and map from TomTom or another source?

Yes, try reloading the backup you made. I don't know what else to suggest if it was a legitimate map in the first place.

Have you called CS at: 1300 135 604

i bought the device off ebay about 2 yrs ago, if its not a legitimate map , surely it would have been picked up by now ?? , i will give them a call , thanks for your help !!

I'm not so sure about that. Earlier applications may have let a hacked map continue to function, recent ones have code to prevent that happening.

I'm not saying that is the case in your situation, but just an observation of what I see....

I purchased the updated maps and it is working fine since, so the issue must have been a hacked map that I didn't know about when I bought it, pretty pissed off about it to be honest, but at least my gps is back working,

Thank you again for your help mate.

Ask a Question