tomtom go300

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

My tomtom go300 says, device code AK8AL ASGTS when I go to tomtom for an activation code is says the code is wrong, Please help

Paul

An activation code for what? Any map you purchase is activated automatically when installed on the unit. And Lifetime map models (which DO require an activation code) are only for North American models.

Can you clarify please?

Hello, this is his Mrs. What happened is, the screen froze so I pressed the reset button. I entered the language preferences etc and then it asked me for an activation code. It is telling me that the Device code is AK8AL ASGTS. When Paul went onto Tom Tom site to get the activation code it asked for a product code, which we haven't got as our Tom Tom is so old. So to get the activation code it seems to me that we need a Product code and a Device code, and we only have one of them. Does this make more sense. Also, I reckon I will be banned from using the Sat Nav as I can't really mess up an atlas! Thanks for your reply. Linda

The product code will have been supplied with the device when new, its a smal credit card sized plastic sheet with the number embossed on to it, do you have a copy of the contents of the SD card on your PC per chance? - Mike

A new map for just UK&ROI will cost you ?40 from TomTom and I would also expect you will need a new SD card as the original won't be large enough for the new map, a new unit is going to set you back closer to ?100 but the unit you have is over five years old - Mike

Ask a Question