TomTom GO 730 and Blackberry Bold 9700

I am having a problem using bluetooth to pair my blackberry 9700 with my TomTom GO 730. When trying to marry the two devices, the 730 will scan for devices but will not find my blackberry. I have the bluetooth activated on my blackberry and other devices can find it (ie: laptop). Is there a compatibility issue with this blackberry and this model of TomTom?

See tomtom support, and search for bluetooth compatability. Phone compatibility
Regretably the Blackberry 9700 isn't on the list. Probably some glitch with the Blackberry firmware - make sure you have latest upgrade.
Try and link to another phone that is on the list (a friends perhaps)- then at least you will know you aren't doing the linking wrong.

I don't think it's the Blackberry firmware. I have tethered with both a 8320 and 9700 using the same settings on my PC. Both work great. I wish the dial script was customizable and you could have a log to see exactly what is going on during the init/dial process.

FYI, TomTom still has AT&T and Cingular as separate entities. They also have the WAP login user/pass wrong for the isp.cingular WAP. They haven't updated that, so I'd lean more towards the Tom Tom being the issue.

I had to get a used Verizon V3m, hack it, and use it for data. My plan costs about $10 every 3 months using PagePlus cellular. Plenty of data for traffic.

Last edited:

Ask a Question