TomTom 730 compared to a Navigon 2120 max

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
I had opportunity to compare my friend's Navigon 2120 Max next to my new TomTom 730 side-by-side. I have to admit comparing similar features, it was no contest. Apart from both choosing almost identical routes, The Navigon's text-to-speech voice was much clearer compared to the often garbled TomTom computer voice. The Navigon's graphics were smooth and distinct (more technologically advanced?) than the choppy, PacMan-like TomTom 730's screen. Greater detail and more street names appeared on the Navigon. It may be because Navteq's Canadian maps are more up-to-date than TeleAtlas's. The Navigon had a lot of similar features (lane assist, traffic) for a lot less money. If I had to make a purchase again, I would have definitely chosen the Navigon. TomTom needs to improve if it wants to stay competitive.

Navigon is one of the rare gps that I never own so I can't comment on it.
I'm sure there are many features that Tomtom lacks off comparing to other competitors, and I must admit that the Tomtom GUI (the navigating screen) is NOT as nice as others, at least Garmin and Magellan. But I personally choosing GPS based on the its performance, not the look and Tomtom stands above others.
Another note: Tomtom screen refresh rate is the top one (if not, it is one of the best), Garmin just released 10Mhz refresh rate in their latest units while Tomtom did many years back.

Okay.....:rolleyes:

I think I am experiencing Deja vu.

Yeah, on the 22nd, it was basically the same post except his friend had a 2100. Today's is a 2120 which is only for Canada and has Canadian maps. Otherwise, the 2 models are the same.

In my mind, there is nothing wrong with fair comment on this Board. It's only when someone criticizes the TomTom unfairly because the user doesn't know about certain functionality and blames the model for lacking it that a correction should be made.

Some people Prefer a Chevy Others prefer a Ford. I guess that is what make the world turn. :D

Did you get another Canadian SD card? :confused:

GarCor
Florida in winter
GO 920, 4GB SDHC card
App. V 8.30
Map on Internal Memory North America V-8.15
Map on SDHD Card C/W Europe V-8.15

:p

Did you get another Canadian SD card? :confused:

GarCor
Florida in winter
GO 920, 4GB SDHC card
App. V 8.30
Map on Internal Memory North America V-8.15
Map on SDHD Card C/W Europe V-8.15

:p

Picky picky Old farts like me can only do one thing at a time LOL.;)

Ask a Question