Startup Shutdown Screen

I installed a startup and shut down image. I Can see them on the drive. One is called splash.bmp, the other antitheftw.bmp. I downloaded them off of TomTom Home. Neither one is dispalying on the device itself during the start up or shut down process. I have the XXL 540 (5" screen) Perhaps someone can provide a good link or two that has troubleshooting or better instructions that I can follow to get the images to display correctly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The Hackster

Welcome to TTF.

If you have the 5" model, you need a file named splasw.bmp (notice the w?) and it also has to be in the proper size for a 4.3" screen (The TT 5" models just take the file and stretch it).

For the antitheftw.bmp file, you also have to ensure in Safety Preferences that you DO check 'warn not to leave device in car'.

Also, both files must reside in the root of the unit.

Thank you for your quick reply. I checked on my "G" drive where my TomTom files are located and it does show the splashw as well as the antitheftw there. Sorry I left the w off the splash file in my original post. I also checked the security and it does have the "warn not to leave device in car' box checked. I am at a loss here, I have read the forums and cannot find a solution. Maybe it simply does not work on the 540.

Again, Thanks!!

The Hackster

I remember seeing reports that certain applications have broken the fuuctionality. Perhaps the 540 is one of them. I'll try to check later...........

Be sure the images you have are the right size.

480 x 272, 24 bit color *.bmp files. They won't function properly if the fit is wrong.

Be sure the images you have are the right size.

480 x 272, 24 bit color *.bmp files. They won't function properly if the fit is wrong.

This could be it, both files are 320 x 240. I will look for the size you mentioned and try them. Thanks again.

The Hackster

Here's a quick way to check:

Go here: Splash screen generator for TomTom and upload an image of your own. Select the 720 as the model (since it has the 4.3" screen). Download it and place in the root as splashw.bmp.

See if you can see it now. It'll be created properly for you.

I ran them through the screen generator and they work. Thanks so much for your help.

Regards, The Hackster
Good deal. The smaller ones you had before are for the 3.5" screen models. Just renaming them to somethingW.bmp doesn't work -- gotta have the bigger size files for the 4.3" and 5.0" units.

Ask a Question