Sony XNV660 - Updating Car Icons

Hi guys and girls,

as title, have a sony xnv 660 in my 911 Turbo, love it, really updated the interior gadgets!

I want to update my car icon, Ive tried removing the navigation module and connecting it to my computer by USB but I cannot get my PC to recognise it as a drive or flash stick in order to find the folder with the car icons in it.

Any help appreciated

I don't think that model is Navcore 10 (which doesn't show as an external drive).

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds (if that model doesn't have a dedicated reset hole).

The Sony XNV is a newer app 10.x device, that will show up as a network card rather than a USB drive (per a patent settlement with Microsoft).

You need to install the MyTomtom app on your computer (http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted), plug in the XNV module, and go to "Add Community Content" on the app. It will allow you to upload car icons to the XNV.

Hi MVL - Thanks for the info.

So If I use that uploader and the Bitmap image it will automatically know what it is and place it into the correct location on the device?

I've tried and all I see is an upload box? Does it do the rest I presume?

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it, will let you know how I get om.

When you click on "Add community content" you should get upload sections for various items.

MyTT_Add_Community_Content_all.jpg

You would wan the fifth section down.
Do you get to see all those options?

Hi,

When I click add community content I am taken to a browser window but my only option is to 'Add POI set to device'

I don;t get the list that you have shown.

Any ideas or am I stumped?

Sorry,

I just checked here and it appears that Tomtom hasn't released the car icons software update to the XNV line yet.

So at this point there's no way to add custom car icons.

Sorry,

I just checked here and it appears that Tomtom hasn't released the car icons software update to the XNV line yet.

So at this point there's no way to add custom car icons.

I'm getting a blank "Find your answer " page there, mvl, with no question entered.

my only option is to 'Add POI set to device'
I don;t get the list that you have shown.

When they first got the "Add content" feature working on the TomTom Go models, it also only allowd you to upload POIs.
The other stuff was added in an later software update. So hopefully it will come to the Sony models later on.

Ask a Question