SD Card for Via 1530 TM???

Just got a Via 1530 TM, but am unsure about what SD card to purchase for it and what size mught be adequate.

I believe it will take a SDHC card.

Anyone out there sure about this?

Thanks!

Assume a sdhc card BUT there is no functionality implemented currently to take advantage of maps or other information stored on the card.

Thank you for the response.

So me thinking the SD card slot was a huge value add was maybe a bit premature, huh? :D

In other words - I should not yet worry about ordering up a 4 Gig card to bolster the 1530, huh?

On TomTom's UK website, the specs for the "Start 25" (which is a very similar device to the Via) say:

SD Slot -- Yes*
* Will be enabled via Software Update in Summer 2011

Thanks Andy. The next sound you?ll hear is me crossing my fingers, but I am not holding my breath.

I like the tomtom products, but at times I find their support lacking. i.e. interfaces, etc.

Hopefully the update will come along soon. I?ll do some more digging on the US site as well.

Thanks Andy. The next sound you?ll hear is me crossing my fingers, but I am not holding my breath.

Probably a good idea!

I like the tomtom products, but at times I find their support lacking. i.e. interfaces, etc.

We all do....

Hopefully the update will come along soon. I?ll do some more digging on the US site as well.

I did have a quick look, but couldn't find any similar notes in the specs for VIAs on the US site.
Let us know if you find anything!

I found nothing either. I pop on from time to time though - so hopefully sooner than later.

Again - not holding my breath! :rolleyes:

Ask a Question