Purchase of New Map for GO700

I have two TomTom GPS units, a GO 700 and a GO 930. I went on line and purchased a new map v8.25 for the GO 700. I have not been able to access the download of the new map. I have emailed TomTom with the problem but their instructions do not allow me to load the new map. All I get is a blank page that says there are no new updates. When I go to my account it shows two GO 700 units listed one that is connected to the computer and the other is the one registered. Well, the one that is registered has the device code for my GO 930. When I try to switch devices I get a notice that I cannot switch for six months. I exited out of this account and established a new account for the GO 700 using an alternate email address but, this did not help.

Think you better call, not email, support to straighten this out. Number is 866-486-6866.

When you purchased the new map, you would have had to have been logged on to a TomTom account to do online. If you only had account one set up at the time, it will have "attached" the download to that account. That appears to have your 930 assigned to it, so it wants to download the map to that account, which means if you are not careful, it may download and install it on your 930 and you would be out of luck with respect to the 700.

Like dhn said, call support and they should be able to move the download over to the alternate Tt account for the 700. It will not download it there until it is assigned to that account. Should be an easy fix.

Ask a Question