Problems Pairing TomTom GO 750 With Samsung Galaxy S

I just have brought home a Samsung Galaxy S and I'm trying to pair it with my TomTom GO 750 but I am experiencing difficulties. I have previously had success with another phone in carrying out this process but it seems it derails when asking for a password. The TomTom says to enter 0000 but the Samsung keeps repeating to ask for password numerous times before the TomTom simply flashes the red screen to say it's giving up.

I'm crying uncle on this... any helpers?

The same problem

Hi,

I'm having the same problems pairing my Samsung Galaxy S with my Go 930. Password verification hangs, also by not accepting 0000.
I posted this issue at TomTom support but didn't receive an answer yet.
As soon as anyone from Tomtom replied, I'll post it here.

Solution!!!!

Hey I've had success with this problem. You'll need to update your firmware to the latest version (which should be Android 2.1 and soon to be updated by Samsung in September 2010 to Android 2.2). Once updated it should work first go. I was asked to enter 0000 and it worked first go!

Hi all,
Have (had) exact same problem with same two devices.

Just updated TomTom home to 2.7 and paring worked perfectly. Now was an "issue" fixed or was I lucky....can say for sure, but do the upgrade and try again.

Kev. :)

I had the same problem.
I did a complete update of Home software.
It didn't help.
I tried to delete all earlier connections from my TomTom.
It didn't help.
I have reset my TomTom to production settings and I did a reset of my TomTom (Switch your TomTom on, press the on/off button for a long time, and it will reset)
Afterwards, the connection was established.
Gert

Same problem with my TT940Live and Samsung Galaxy9001S
After several passwords trials and errors TT gave red screen.

For me the same solution as GertT.
After this the system connected.

Hans

Ask a Question