Please forgive my newbie 910 questions :)

Hey guys, great forum going here. Just got a 910 and am very excited, have 2 silly questions...

1. I thought this unit was supposed to name the street names, I.E. Turn left on Bear Lake Road... no?

2. Is there any way to have the 910 display my actual MPH? I know some units can do this, I track my car regularly and this would be helpful...

Once again, thanks for forgiving my silliness ;)

BEN

Hello and welcome Ben!
Yes the 910 does have text to speech which will read out street names and such. You must select the comptuer voices. The US voices are Susan or Dave. When you select them, it will bring you to another menu asking what you want the computer voice to read out loud. I select all but I have the 'read tips outloud' unchecked.

To display your speed go to your preference menu and look for the display status icon. Select that and check the speed option.

NOTE: you may have to have the 'show all menu options' on.

Hello and welcome Ben!
Yes the 910 does have text to speech which will read out street names and such. You must select the comptuer voices. The US voices are Susan or Dave. When you select them, it will bring you to another menu asking what you want the computer voice to read out loud. I select all but I have the 'read tips outloud' unchecked.

To display your speed go to your preference menu and look for the display status icon. Select that and check the speed option.

NOTE: you may have to have the 'show all menu options' on.

Thanks for the quick reply, time to out to the garage :)

Ask a Question