more favorites please

TomTom Model(s)
Go730, GO51
hallo everyone,

is there a way to increase the number of favourites stored on my GO730? I don't have that many, but I do seem to keep running out of space in that file. There's bags of space in the internal memory and the maps SD card.

In hope of a simple solution....

Create a custom POI category called _Favorites (the underscore forces it to the top of your POI list), and load it up with as many as you like. That also guarantees that they don't get 'lost' during map updates, though we don't see that problem much anymore.

That sounds helpful, but I am a complete dummy at this. Where/how do I create this extra category, how will it show up on my screen etc etc

That sounds helpful, but I am a complete dummy at this. Where/how do I create this extra category, how will it show up on my screen etc etc
Tap Change preferences
Tap right arrow
Tap Manage POIs
Tap Add POI categoryType _Favourites
Tap OK
Use Up/Down arrows to select a Marker
Tap Add POI
Select _Favourites
Tap Favourite
Select a Favourite
Tap OK
Enter a phone number if you have one, else tap OK
Now repeat from
Tap Add POI
until all your favourites are in this category, then tap Done.

Many thanks Arno, that doesn't seem too daunting; I'll try it this evening. Will my original favourites still work?

Yes, your your Favourites will remain. However, I believe there is a maximum number of 40.
When you put on the 41st, the 1st will disappear, they are being scrolled through.

It only appears daunting because you have never done it. It is rather quite easy as each of the steps is a natural progression when you do it.

I suggest you print out the sequence so it will be easy to follow the steps.
By the time you have done the 3rd you will no longer look at the list as it will become natural.

Once you have a POI list, you will tap Point of Interest, just below Favourite. Then 'POI near Home", then _Favourites and then the actual favourite.
Again, just as setting up the list it is much easier doing it than explaining it.

Ask a Question