Numbers wont work

When I try to operate my tomtom using the computer and I try to input a new address.......when I get to the street number, I type in the number BUT the numbers wont work. This only happens with numbers.
Any ideas?????

Bill

That usually can be blamed on the specific address you're entering not being within the range that TA shows for that street. Does it accept the number if directly entered on the device?

Yes it does. When I try to enter any number using the puter, the flashing courser does nothing just keeps flashing.

That's a new one on me. The only thing I can think of is to do a reset on the unit and reconnect to Home and try again. If still an issue, you can try an earlier version of Home (do you have the latest?

Here's a link to various Home versions. Earlier ones are links on the bottom right of the web page.

Are you sure that's the "Street number"???
I don't know what NC you're using but mine, there are Street: (street name, both letters and numbers work, such Main Street or 3rd Road) then House number: (up to now, only letter, numbers are not supported)
Making sure you not mixing that up.

Doesn't happen to me. I can navigate to 100 5th avenue in zip code 10010 (Manhattan) purely by typing numbers.

I occasionally get the issue where all keyboard input dies, and I have to close and reopen the emulator, but never letters without numbers.

You can try uninstalling/reinstalling HOME. After uninstalling (and before reinstalling), make sure you delete the \documents and settings\___yourUserNameHere___\application data\tomtom\home folder. Deleting this folder will make sure you delete things such as the Operate My Tomtom emulator downloads.

Hi guys, from what I know some maps do not have that particular street or house number, and for that it will only suggest a number which is available on the map I have encountered this several times and it will only give me the nearest result.

The only thing I could do is to reach that location and add to favorites as a new name.

Ask a Question