Nothing special, but no wires across the dash!

Well, here's my basic install. I still need to run some power from a switched circuit in the fusebox, but at least I've hidden the wires. I ran both my XM and TT into the aux port of my Head Unit using a Y adapter, but may put in an AUX3 sometime in the future.

I'm definintely going to get a cradle so I don't have to worry about plugging and unplugging the cables.

Attachments

• TomTom1.jpg
    TomTom1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 962
Well, here's my basic install. I still need to run some power from a switched circuit in the fusebox, but at least I've hidden the wires. I ran both my XM and TT into the aux port of my Head Unit using a Y adapter, but may put in an AUX3 sometime in the future.

I'm definintely going to get a cradle so I don't have to worry about plugging and unplugging the cables.

How does that work with BOTH plugged into the AUX? Does it just talk "over" your XM?

I have both XM and TT and was considering this option...

Hmm...haven't tried that. I have the XM turned off if I'm listening to an audiobook and if I'm listening to XM, I have the instructions set to come over the internal speaker. I'll have to try it and let you know.

Hmm...haven't tried that. I have the XM turned off if I'm listening to an audiobook and if I'm listening to XM, I have the instructions set to come over the internal speaker. I'll have to try it and let you know.

When/if you get a chance, that would be great... I would appreciate it. I have XM right now and just got a 740. I want to get a Cradle from ProClips that will give me the Audio-Out option and route my commands through my stereo. Just not sure how I am going to do it yet. I want to be able to listen to the radio, but still hear the commands.

Thanks,
Jon

I'm not sure that Pro Clip mount will do it. There appears to be no connection to the audio, only to the USB. Does the 730 route audio out to the USB also?

I think you'd be looking for something more like this.

I did find a auto-switch that would switch from one input to another when the 2nd input became active. Check it out here.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Pro Clip mount will do it. There appears to be no connection to the audio, only to the USB. Does the 730 route audio out to the USB also?

I think you'd be looking for something more like this.

I did find a auto-switch that would switch from one input to another when the 2nd input became active. Check it out here.

The cradle you refered me to is not compatible with 740. ProClip's has an Auidio Out port for the 740/940.
As for the auto-switch, I never thought about that... thx!!!

Jon

Ah ok. I was thinking you had a 730. $44 is a reasonable price. Wish i could find one for the 730 for that price. The cheaptest I've found that one I mentioned for hte 730 is around $60. :(

Im still trying to figure out where the placement is best in the car, left side, middle, etc. That setup on the left looks good...thanks

Ah ok. I was thinking you had a 730. $44 is a reasonable price. Wish i could find one for the 730 for that price. The cheaptest I've found that one I mentioned for hte 730 is around $60. :(

The switch idea was good Dervari... lol, at first... till I had seen the price. By the time I paid for the switch, AUX adapter for my F150 and then a Mounting System from ProClips, I would be paying near $275... almost the same amount I paid for the TomTom, lol.

Will consider it though, THX!!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question