Not new but confused

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I have been using my TomTom to navigate to my various freelance work destinations for a few years, with only minor problems (e.g. being directed via the long complicated back road route rather than the logical and faster road on occasion) BUT I have to wonder why, in this day and age of fast simplified code writing and of Glympse among other travel apps, TomTom still has this incredibly creaky and inconvenient backup/update system that "automatically" wipes out all my carefully crafted vital Favorites, forcing the user to restore them? What the ...??? Why not just assume that much as i wish my maps to be current, I can delete and recreate any favorites that may need it ... or something like that? And why does the TomTom backup take about 20 times as long as the backup of my entire 5-year document folder? Slow burn ...

I have been using my TomTom to navigate to my various freelance work destinations for a few years, ......
.....TomTom still has this incredibly creaky and inconvenient backup/update system that "automatically" wipes out all my carefully crafted vital Favorites, forcing the user to restore them?

Your answer is in your question, I think.

TomTom USED to lose your Favourites on a map update, but hasn't done for some time now on the most recent versions of software.
If you are using a model that hasn't had updated software released for some time, you'll still have the old issues.

Ask a Question