New Maps Ver.8.60, 740 tm Live can't update to new map.

The blank numbers for the SIM aren't a good sign. Try a reset of your unit using the power button (you'll need to hold it down from a power off until you see this occur - can take as long as 15 seconds).

If that doesn't improve things, I'd be on the phone to TT support with the information regarding the blank/null SIM card values. It is possible that they will have to reset your SIM card. You will want to ask specifically for someone who works with Live accounts.

Thanks. I will call TT this morning. The sim card data does come back intermittently but it is always there on the emulator. This seems like software to me. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. I will call TT this morning. The sim card data does come back intermittently but it is always there on the emulator. This seems like software to me. I'll keep you posted.

Problem solved. SIM card turned off at TT. She reistated it to active immediately. Without an active SIM card, cannot connect to validate services. When on TTH, system is connected hard wire to validate. That's why the emulator worked when the unit did not.

Geez, every time I change or add or update something on this unit, it takes days to sort out the BS. Very high maintenance.

Thanks for your help.

Glad we got that sorted quickly. No idea why you'd lose SIM activation concurrently with a map update, nor do I recall ever hearing it happen before. They're unrelated, and the problem was out there on the TT server end. I'd write that one off as a coincidence.

Ask a Question