My TOMTOM XXL 540 IS BEING WEIRD

Can't see what's in link.
Me neither. Goes to a Facebook page but it says:
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Could be you've made it private?

I tried to update my tomtom xxl 540 has I connected it to my computer the maps were erased and when I tried turning my tomtom it says No Maps Found! :( Do you know how to fix this problem? thank you

Do you have a backup? What does it show for maps when you look at the contents using Explorer?

But when you look at the contents using Explorer, do you see any map folders listed? Like Australia?

It says it doesnt have backup at all

How does IT say it doesn't have a backup? Do you mean Home says that?

A backup is something YOU make. (or should have).

If you didn't make one, what we need you to do is connect the Go to the PC, shut down Home if it runs, then browse the internal storage of the Go with Windows Explorer. You should find lots of files and folders (some folder names you may see are "art" , "voices", "licences" etc.)
Are there any folders named the same as the particular map you had?

Now I've updated the tomtom XXL 540 its now saying
"Problem with map"
You cannot use this map on this device: Australia-136 :\​

Was there no chance you could have answered any of the questions we asked you to check BEFORE you did another update??? :(
That could well have wiped out any chance of getting back to where you were.

The new error message you are getting often implies the software you have on the device is not correct for that model and the original map was not intended for it either.

What's the history of the XXL 540?

Ask a Question