Motorola V8 RAZR2 / Tomtom GO 910 Problems

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my phone to a Motorola V8 RAZR 2, however I'm having major problems getting it to work sufficiently on my 910. The main point in the tomtom for me (aside for maps obviously) is that it acts as a hands free kit, as I don't want to wear an earpiece while in the car, and I often get phone calls while driving.

Where the Nokia phone I had connected straight away, the RAZR keep getting stuck at 40% while "finding phone features", and I have to cancel. The phone is still set up (and I can setup wifi ok), but when I go to the call menu, it says "this option is not supported". I get the same message with any other phone related items (e.g. texting, finding numbers, etc.).

I've read through a lot of posts here, and have tried flashing the software, and also have tried the new software update, but none of these have worked. I'm aware this phone isn't on the compatibility list yet for this tomtom model, however it seems like most people have had success eventually in getting it to work.

Am I missing something here? Is there anything else i can try? This is rather frustrating as the phone is basically useless if it doesn't work on my TomTom. It was a contract upgrade and it's too late to take it back.

I look forward to any responses.

Thanks,
Ross.

Try rebooting your phone by taking the battery out. It worked for me in the past when I was getting the same symptons as you.

Anyone find a way to get a razr2 v8 working for handsfree calling yet?

I'm also getting the 40% crash.

I've looked all over the internet, and have only found failed attempts.

Tmobile USA. I've seen people discuss getting tomtoms working with the Razr2 for tmoble data, but no one seems to get it working for handsfree. I'm not interested in data since I don't have the $19.99 data plan, only the $5.99 wap plan.

My razr2 is unlocked/unbranded, purchased direct from motorola.

Has it got to the point where it asks you to enter the pin number (0000) ? If not, give it more time when it is "finding phone features" - don't cancel it - let it fail if that is what happens.

Also, first delete the device from the TomTom phone features if you have an icon that appears there and start from scratch. You probably would have not gotten this far if you had not set your phone to be discoverable, but check it to be sure.

I passed the 0000 point. When looking for phone features, the tomtom stops at 40% and then eventually gives an error.

See the link below as it is the exact same issue:
http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=86295

Motorola uses a new Linux OS for the Razr v8, and I don't think it's 100% bluetooth compliant. I haven't found anyone who said they were successful in any web posts. I'm hoping someone was successful in this forum?

EDIT - I was successful using the 6263 for a while, but since 8/24 Tmo is no longer permitting bluetooth on any phone except their own Tmobile branded smartphones. So the option below no longer applies. See here.

I've just given up.

I've tried updating my Motorola firmware, even to newer foreign country branding, and no luck.

The data works (my carrier lowered their data plan costs since last January, and I signed up). But nothing fixes the handsfree.

I've had no problems with handsfree on the Razr V3, Sony TM506, and on every Nokia I've tried. I haven't tried the Nokia E71 that's giving others problems, though.

I'm thinking of switching to my wife's old Nokia 6263 if I can succeed in de-crippling it. (it's infuriating how every US cellco cripples all their phones). But I really like the Motorola missed-call alerter.

Last edited:

Ask a Question