Mobilnova and TiVoToGo?

TomTom Model(s)
One v4
I was thinking about picking up mobilnova but I wouold be getting most of my media from my Tivo....since tivo encrypts the file so that you need a security code in you media player I am not sure if the Mobilnova will work. I sent them an email and was told to try the free version which I did....unfortunatley it didn't work but I thought someone might have a work around....anyone?

I don't have a solution but merely a sugestion, perhaps you can try and find software (if it exists) that decrypts the video format from TiVo? Once its decrypted I think you should have no problem using the MobilNova converter.

I did find a program that claims to allow you to download the .tivo file and convert it to a non encrypted video file. I think I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Just an update....I was able to find an app that converts the TiVo video file to standard mpeg file. My understanding is that it still keeps my MAK tied to the file so if I share shows they can come back to me.

Anyway, using these unencrypted files I was able to transfer and play them on the TT but I did notice a little bit of lip sync issues and the clip was only two minutes. It seemed OK at first then got worse and worse so i am wondering what peoples real world experience is with Mobilnova and video playback. I did lower the bitrate and that helped but I thought I still noticed some lip sync at the very end. I just want to get the program and find out by the end of the two hour movie the dialog is a few minutes off.

I was thinking about picking up mobilnova but I wouold be getting most of my media from my Tivo....since tivo encrypts the file so that you need a security code in you media player I am not sure if the Mobilnova will work. I sent them an email and was told to try the free version which I did....unfortunatley it didn't work but I thought someone might have a work around....anyone?

I don't know if this will help, but VideoReDo http://www.videoredo.com/ Can open TIVO files and then save as a .mpg file. It also cuts out the commercials in the Tivo files as well. I use it all the time with my Emprex portable DVD player which will playback native mpegs without the need to author a disk.

Sweet...thanks I'll give that a shot. It would be nice to be commercial free. does it automatically edit teh commercials out or is it done manually?

Sweet...thanks I'll give that a shot. It would be nice to be commercial free. does it automatically edit teh commercials out or is it done manually?

It will do it automatically or it can mark it and you can do it manually by moving/deleting the marks. There are threshold settings for tweaking. They also put a sizeable mask that will cover up much of the content so you don't know what's going on, but can tell whether you've hit a commerical break or not.

Mobilnova

Does Mobilnova work on the 920? If so, can it slideshow pictures from an SD card? Does it work better (at all) at recursing directories on an SD card to find images?

Thanks,

Don

Just an update....I was able to find an app that converts the TiVo video file to standard mpeg file. My understanding is that it still keeps my MAK tied to the file so if I share shows they can come back to me.

Anyway, using these unencrypted files I was able to transfer and play them on the TT but I did notice a little bit of lip sync issues and the clip was only two minutes. It seemed OK at first then got worse and worse so i am wondering what peoples real world experience is with Mobilnova and video playback. I did lower the bitrate and that helped but I thought I still noticed some lip sync at the very end. I just want to get the program and find out by the end of the two hour movie the dialog is a few minutes off.

Their OnScreenDisplay (OSD) allows you to adjust the sync issues (it is the leftmost adjustment along the top row. I was able to adjust the sync back to normal.

I did spring for the full version just the other day and it appears to work. The price was down to 20 Euros.

Ask a Question