McDonald's - 1.7

Hello,
Is the latest zip the one in the original post and is the Chicagoland area included? Thanks!!

No, as of today the latest version is 1.5. The tread title says the latest version and one should look for the post that indicates this. I'll post the shortcut to where it states 1.5
http://tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=6178&postcount=18

And it should contain chicago.
Thanks Pedro. Is that how it works (looking for a thread with the latest version)? I know I'm about as green as they come regarding this particular forum but in other forums I'm involved with, the original post is generally updated to avoid confusion. I just want to understand the culture here and then adjust to it...thanks!!

Last edited:
Guy's where are you getting your source so you can create the POI's? In other words how are you getting all the coordinates for all the McDonalds in the USA?

Yes thanks.
When I first started to make Red Light cameras, I used their examples listed, but they are not complete or 100% accurate.
I believe their POIs are downloadable with a price.

Can you get POI from Tomtom retail into database?

Everyone has certainly done a lot of work to build the POI databases. Would it be possible to open the new Tomtom retail store poi and extract each chain to get a pretty complete list of stores? For example, you should be able to get a list of almost all the McDonalds in the country.

I do not know the file format or have a database program large enough to manipulate/sort/extract the data.

Howie

Conversion did not work

Tried to run Dumpov2 in windows explorer (from a UK forum)- it did not work. Tried to run Dumpov2 in DOS. Did not work- got an error message: "Record type unknown in this version of Dumpov2"

Tried a couple of other programs (Poimanager, WINOV2). Got the same type of error message.

Does this mean the Tomtom is using two different record formats in the POI files? One that anyone can access and one that is proprietary or encripted in some way.

Howie

Did not work. Still searching for a way. Did find a website that claims to convert Garmin POI to Tomtom POI www.poieditor.com

Last edited:
Request for Virginia?

Excellent site and info! I'm a new Tomtom ONE user, and I love it - especially the level of customization possible.

Could I ask for Virginia locations to be added into this POI?

Thanks!
-Joe

VA McDonalds Cities

Pedro,

Awesome! I'd like to get most of the eastern half of VA, because I'm always traveling there. I suspect it's a lot of work....of course, I'm willing to help out as much as I can! If you want, just let me know how you get the data - I'll collect it, and send it back to you.

Of course, if the process does not work that way....then I'm most interested in areas such as Richmond, Petersburg, Spotsylvania, Arlington, Alexandria, Stafford, and Woodbridge....

Again - please do not feel obligated to create this...but I thank you for the offer!

-Joe

Ask a Question