Map updates not available to Canadians?

I tried to buy the 7.2 Canada-USA map for my TT ONE XL and couldn't because I have a 'Canadian account' and my credit card 'will not work' when making US purchases!!:confused: What a bunch of bunk!! This is really poor of TT...why sell the device in Canada and then tell people that updates are not available...and no solution to this problem in the near future!!:mad: Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get a map update? Thanks.

The canadian map store on TomTom.com has been "closed while we're updating and improving it" for months. It really is a joke. You cannot buy from the USA site as he has mentioned.

I think you may be able to buy a map through TomTOm Home but it will cost you more.

The prices adjusted for exchange rates should be approximately the same. You should be able to go through TT Home, and maps may still be 30% off.

You should have a TT account set up (user name=email address and password), and you would log on to it in Home before you try to purchase and download it. The map download will be available for one year in case you loose it.

Backup your unit first with windows explorer, and then also save your current map back to your computer through TT Home. It could then be re-installed at any time.

Thanks for your replies.
Lobotiger: Did you pay in US dollars or Euros? I got an email saying that I could buy the map update for 30 % off for about $79 US...but I couldn't even get past the initial account opening before I was told that my account was invalid! Right now I don't feel like paying extra because of TT's snafu.

OK...I went ahead and tried to buy the map through Home and it was successful!!!:) I did have to learn a little Dutch...lol... when filling in the required info, but that worked out well....Thanks again.

Ask a Question