Map update fails

Got a TT XL ONE and decided to go for the map update service as it seemed reasonable. When I try to do this I get

ERROR: 408/#https://community.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment: Error from server: Map certificate validation failed for map Western_Europe_1GB
Map certificate validation failed for map Western_Europe_1GB
Error code: 408
URL: https://community.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment
Additional information: info = [object]
info.func = [string] payment/initiatePayment
info.args = [object]
info.args.deviceSerial = [string] L32309Y00216
info.args.pragueSerial = [string]
info.args.deviceCapabilities = [string] ArrivalSounds Bluetooth CarSymbol Caymann Documents Durham HDTraffic HomeBackup Itinerary MapOverlays Newyork Newyork1Dot6 NotAutomotiveEmbedded PhoneFeatures PhotoBMPViewer PhotoJPGViewer PlusBuddies PlusDownloadDynamic PlusDownloadGeneral PlusDownloadMap PlusDownloadPOI PlusDownloadRingTone PlusDownloadScheme PlusDownloadUpgrade PlusDownloadVoice PlusEphemeris PlusFixedSafetyCameras PlusFuelPrices PlusMessageNotification PlusMobileSafetyCameras PlusOnlineCamera PlusPushChannel PlusRoadConditions PlusTraffic PlusTripReporting PlusWeather Prague RDSTMC SDSlot StartupImage SuspendImage Traffic WarningSounds screensize=480x272
info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {"ApplicationVersion":"9369","ApplicationVersionVersionNumber":"8010"}
info.args.items = [string] 90001,80051
info.args.productlist = [string] 90001,80051

info.method = [string] POST
info.useCache = [string] false
info.dryRun = [string] false
info.xmluploadbody = [xml] <initiatePayment>
<contentidlist>
<content idurl="http://str1.id.tomtom.com/map/Western_Europe_1GB?version=825.2159" certificate="Western_Europe_1GB-27.meta.mct:AwAAAA9zki6vXCPTIZAQS21CnkGNGOQfTswTyC/PZWBs7K+HJiA+Wdu7ftC+EZk04TttloFMUozLNZfAX1ipSHP2Gt0V8lwXPMrmeQcxhOOmxoX3JSAUFYceYxzFPQTuGxvcEydRRjKby2Npdtk3/YWvV9afhZeqYgU2V7RF5YGgC50E,"/>
</contentidlist>
</initiatePayment>

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:07:53 GMT

So although the maps/TT work fine is tihis an ebay rip?

Someone may correct me in a moment, but it appears you have an EU map on your device that wasn't supplied by TomTom.

According to the box it came in ,it's a 'genuine' Refurbished' unit from TomtOM? Works fine and tells me it's out of date so need t0 update?

To determine if you have a genuine map:

1) backup per this link
2) reinstall the application per this link

If the Tomtom won't start up (activation error or no maps error), then your ebay seller gave you a device with a pirated map. To get it working again, restore your backup.

If you have a pirated map, then to sign up for the subscription service, format the tomotm as fat32, use HOME to download the latest application, then purchase the western europe map at full price. After purchasing the map you can purchase the update service.

I think I may have finally found the answer! Trawling through the Tom Tom web site I found this --

Please note

Map Update Service can?t be transferred to other devices or other users.

1 This is not compatible with the following devices: ONE XL HD Traffic, Navigator 7 and pre-installed maps on SD Card.

2 This card can only be used with devices used for less than 90 days.

As my map came pre-installed by TomTom para 1 seems to indicate I cannot use the Map Update service.

Pity they didn't state this when I first tried!!

Sorry for the results and the hassle you've been encountering. I know you've sought assistance both here and at PGPSW.

At least it does seem to be an answer.....

Thanks for the feedback.

Ask a Question