lost all my data on my go 720

i've just recently added my tom tom to my computer and updated it today with the Updates suggested by my Tom Tom and upon completion, i've lost all my favourties and maps. Is their anyway to re-store my old settings?

i've just recently added my tom tom to my computer and updated it today with the Updates suggested by my Tom Tom and upon completion, i've lost all my favourties and maps. Is their anyway to re-store my old settings?
As for your favorites, unless you took the time to make a full backup of your TomTom using your PC (a practice you will find mentioned for one reason or another in practically every thread in these forums), no. The mapsettings.cfg file is the place where these are stored. I always back up that file before loading new maps or firmware.

Now you say that you lost "your maps". Should I be taking that literally? Your unit boots up and says "No Maps Found"? Or did you mean something else? The answer will determine the right approach to your problem.

Ask a Question