Latest Map Guarantee

TomTom Model(s)
Go 550 Live
Hi there. Have just bought a 750 Live, which is was an ex-display model. I was assured at the shop that everything would be OK - but when I tried to use the Latest Map Guarantee it said that this option had expired. I contacted TT Customer Services, but no joy yet. In addition,whe I asked for weather reports, I had the message error 1001, SIM card not working properly -again, TT Customer Services haven't responded. Any ideas? Should I just take it back to the shop? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TTF. (Just post with the default font and size, no need to manipulate).

Anyway, refurbished models aren't eligible for the LMG in North America and the same policy has been implemented in the UK over the past 6 months or so, to my understanding.

But a unit which was a shop demo isn't exactly a refurbished and probably should be eligible. I'd return it and buy from a location where you can get a unit that comes with the LMG.

The sim error was supposedly resolved with a newer application update.

Nope, I'm not. But I do know that some x50 owners were also getting sim card errors.

The error affecting the x40 models was the 1008 error, not the 1001 error.

Try going to the network status page. Does a SIM ID show up? Perhaps the demo model didn't have a SIM card shipped with it.

Thanks all for your replies. I resolved it by taking the 750 back to the shop, getting a refund and going elsewhere. This seems to have worked!

Ask a Question