Just joined

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom start 20
Hi,Just bought a new tomtom start 20,I had a tomtom one xl before.
Been trying to sort out the new one,But there are some things that are different to the xl one.
eg.I entered some addresses into the favourite box,On the old one I could rename the addresses to a specific place or person cant find a method to do this task with the start 20.
Any help here please,Also any good tips on this new tomtom start 20 that you can pass on to me please.
ps,'How do I select map share when connected to my pc'.
thanks.
kitty.

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF. Remember that you need MyTomTom (not Home 2) with the new device. Get it at tomtom.com/getstarted.

When you connect the device to the computer and open MytomTom's web page, regiter the new device with a DIFFERENT email address than you used for the other device.

Here's a link to the Reference Guide for that model.....

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-EU-non-LIVE-RG-en-gb.pdf

Hi,Good morning.
Many thanks for the prompt reply that link you gave was spot on.

Many thanks.
kitty:)

On the specific Favourites question...

There are three main ways to add a Favourite:

1. From the "quick menu" button right on the main screen (if you have switched it on).
That gives a very quick and dirty way to add your current position, but it will ALWAYS name it with the name of the street you are currently on. (Although you can change the name later if you wish - see below).

2. From the main menus:
Go to Menu / Settings / forward / forward / forward / Favourites / Add.

With this method, you can add a Favourite by choosing any of the familiar types of place (Address, postcode, recent destination, POI, From the map, from Lat/Long coordinates etc.) As you create the Favourite, it will offer you the street name but you get a chance to edit or change that to whatever you like before you save it.

3. From the "View map" screen
To do this, tap the map screen where you want the Favourite (zoom in if required to get it accurate). Then tap the arrow at the end of the blue bar that appears. Go forward to the second page of options and you'll find "Add as Favourite". Again, with this method it will suggest the street name, but you can change or edit that to whatever you like before saving it.

Editing the name
Finally, If you have an existing Favourite, you can change it's name later.
To do that, go to Favourites on page 4 of the Settings menu , tap one the one you want to change and select the blue "Rename" icon.

Ask a Question