Internal memory problems

Hi all,
My TT is playing dirty games with me.
Last time whne I tried to do an update the message I've got from TT Home was: not enough space to complete the update.
OK, I said: I went to My computer - double click on removable disk and surprise: FREE SPACE: 0 bytes, USED SPACE: 0 bytes.
Then I went to Folder Options and checked "show hidden files" - NOTHING showed up.
I've tried to format the disk: it doesn't even start
Then I've tried a disk error check: again no luck
When I start it the blinking red cross shows up on the screen.
I am using WIN XP SP2.
I don't know....I fell like I wanna smash the little guy.
But I hope that somebody will give me the right answer.

Anyway, thanks on advance for any useful answer (even if that one would be throw it away).

Sebastian

When you right click on the unit's drive using Explorer, what info does it say in Properties?

if you are getting the blinking red X - it sounds like there is (at a minimum) no working application on your unit.

What kind of unit do you have, and do you have a backup of your unit (you could survive with only the map folder, as if you can get it functioning in windows - everything else can be re-installed).

When you go to My Computer in windows XP, does it have any files on it at all ?

If not, try plugging the dock into a different port and/or computer and check again.

Everything depends and being able to get at the unit through Windows first.

And chkdsk /f does nothing?

if you are getting the blinking red X - it sounds like there is (at a minimum) no working application on your unit.

What kind of unit do you have, and do you have a backup of your unit (you could survive with only the map folder, as if you can get it functioning in windows - everything else can be re-installed).

When you go to My Computer in windows XP, does it have any files on it at all ?

If not, try plugging the dock into a different port and/or computer and check again.

Everything depends and being able to get at the unit through Windows first.

I do have a backup
when i go to my computer when open the drive unit there is no file in it.
i'll try switching the ports

Ask a Question